Shippers prefer working with FLS Transportation when...
- They need competitive shipping rates.
- There are counter-OTR market constraints such as driver shortages and volatile fuel prices.
- They need Door-to-Door Intermodal Transportation capabilities. This gives the customer the efficiency of rail and the flexibility of truckload to bring together the best price and service into one freight mode.
- They need Drop Container capabilities in specific markets.
- They have shipments that require safe, on-time & efficient deliveries.
- They need help with moving shipments cross-border. FLS Transport ensures each carrier has all the documentation to cross the border and has smooth inspections.
Why is FLS Transportation the best when it comes to intermodal freight shipping?
- Our Intermodal transportation services offer many benefits and are an often-undervalued shipping method that can provide advantageous efficiencies to your supply chain.
- We have a large carrier base that can cover all aspects of intermodal shipments.
- 24/7 load monitoring.
- 24/7 pickups and deliveries.
- All of our drivers are vetted for the highest safety standards to ensure all cargo is handled with care.
How does FLS Transportation solve your problems?
- We secure experienced drivers for our customer’s intermodal freight needs.
- Being the industry expert allows us to take a proactive approach to managing our customer’s loads.
- We make sure to get loads picked up regardless of the cost.
- Shipping cross-border? We proactively communicate with customs agents at the border to ensure our drivers are cleared in order to keep on-time deliveries.
Trailer On a Flat Car
Container On a Flat Car
Rail & Port Drayage
Intermodal shipping is gaining more and more attention among businesses and individuals who routinely ship goods. Intermodal shipping utilizes multiple modes of transport, such as rail, air, road, and water vessels, to move goods across long distances. Many customers chose intermodal shipping as it can benefit those looking to move products quickly and efficiently.
One of the top advantages of intermodal shipping is its cost-effectiveness. By utilizing multiple means of transport, instead of just one form, businesses can save on fuel costs, personnel costs, and insurance premiums.
Intermodal shipping likewise offers greater flexibility when it comes to delivery times – thanks to the combination system utilized by modern-day logistics providers, like FLS Transportation, you can choose between different combinations for different types of shipments depending on your needs and preferences. You have improved visibility on when your shipment will arrive at its destination since most intermodal facilities provide precise information regarding estimated arrival times before your shipment even begins its journey!
What industries do we work with primarily for Intermodal Shipping?
- General commodities
- Paper manufacturers
- Automotive accessories
- Paper recyclers
- Carpet manufacturers
- Carpet recyclers
- New tire manufacturers
Ready, set, ship.
Get started with Intermodal.
Find out if intermodal service is the right option for your freight…
If you’re ready to ship, we’ve got you covered.
"*" indicates required fields