Shippers prefer working with FLS Transportation when...
- They need competitive shipping rates.
- They have perishables goods that require fast & efficient deliveries.
- There is tight capacity in rural areas.
- They need to find highly experienced reefer carriers.
- They need help with moving shipments cross-border. FLS Transport ensures each carrier has all the documentation to cross the border and has smooth inspections.
Why is FLS Transportation the best choice for reefer shipping?
- We have a large carrier base that can cover all aspects of reefer shipments, including bonded loads in and out of the country.
- 24/7 load monitoring.
- 24/7 pickups and deliveries.
- Picking – packing – cooling. When product comes from the field it needs to be precooled before being loaded onto the truck.
- All of our drivers pulp every load before loading to ensure the produce internal temp is within +/- 3 degrees prior to loading.
How does FLS Transportation solve your refrigerated freight problems?
- Being the industry expert allows us to take a proactive approach to managing our customer’s loads.
- We make sure to get loads picked up regardless of the cost.
- Clients often have customs issues that our team tackles before a problem arises.
- We communicate with customs at the border to ensure our drivers are cleared in order to keep on-time deliveries.
Temperature-controlled shipping, also known as “reefer shipping,” is an excellent option for transporting items over long distances in a safe and controlled environment. Refrigerated cargo transportation allows perishable food items, medicines, and other temperature-sensitive materials to be shipped without worrying about damage from external temperature fluctuations. Keeping the environment inside the reefer trailer dark prevents produce from ripening during transport.
The primary benefit of temp-controlled shipping is the precise temperature settings inside the container during transit, for example using either continuous mode or cycle century.
The continuous setting is essential and must be used for produce loads. Continuous airflow helps with the heat of product respiration and allows for more consistent temperature during transport.
Cycle century setting is only used for frozen loads that can handle more temperature fluctuations throughout transport.
Ideally, even if your shipment travels through hot or cold climates, your cargo will remain at a steady temperature throughout the journey.
So not only will you have peace of mind knowing that your items are being taken care of, but you can also rest assured that they’ll arrive in perfect condition when they reach their destination.
What industries do we work with primarily for Reefer Shipping?
- Hazmat (with exceptions)
- Chemicals & Plastics
- Energy Solutions
- Food & Beverage
- Government and Education
- Technology and Electronics
- Transportation and Warehouse
FLS Transportation has every industry covered – every shipping mode covered – across every branch.
Don’t see your industry? Contact us for detailed information on moving your shipment.
Ready, set, ship.
Book your cold freight.
When it comes to moving your refrigerated freight, the answer is always “yes”.
Spot quotes, regular lanes or RFPs– if you’re ready to ship cold goods, we’ve got
"*" indicates required fields